Who could ask for a better mother-in-law or friend? Shirley was the very definition of Aloha. Aloha has been defined by the unconditional love and hospitality to strangers. I've never known anyone to give so much to so many, without expecting anything in return. She also valued "ohana" family above all, and each one of her family share her essence of aloha. She was so proud of you all, more than you'll ever know. I am honored to be a part of her life, privledged to have learned so much from her generous spirit, and am a better person for having her in my life. I know she is watching over us still, I can hear her in the gentle breeze of the swaying palms trees, and I feel her in the glorious morning sunrise, she loved to sit and watch here. I find comfort the she was loved by so many, and she lived a truly meaningful life, each day. It is these lessons, we must remember in our own lives, and continue her legacy by passing these values on to her grandchildren, and their children's children. In this way, Shirley will live on forever.
We hardly ever called each other by our given names. It was always "hey Sis"! We have known each other since the early 90's and the friendship grew very close. Jerry and I will miss her dearly. We are so thankful that we were allowed to be part of her life for a short period of time. Aloha, B'Sis!
I think Shirley touched anyone's life she met. Even though I left California 20 years ago, we kept in touch, if only to wish a Happy Birthday to each. I will miss my birthday greetings from her and the world was a better place when she was in it. Aloha Dear Shirley, we will miss you.
Ho'ohanohano I Na Kupuna, ~ Honor Our Ancestors.
ReplyDeleteWho could ask for a better mother-in-law or friend? Shirley was the very definition of Aloha. Aloha has been defined by the unconditional love and hospitality to strangers. I've never known anyone to give so much to so many, without expecting anything in return. She also valued "ohana" family above all, and each one of her family share her essence of aloha. She was so proud of you all, more than you'll ever know. I am honored to be a part of her life, privledged to have learned so much from her generous spirit, and am a better person for having her in my life. I know she is watching over us still, I can hear her in the gentle breeze of the swaying palms trees, and I feel her in the glorious morning sunrise, she loved to sit and watch here.
I find comfort the she was loved by so many, and she lived a truly meaningful life, each day. It is these lessons, we must remember in our own lives, and continue her legacy by passing these values on to her grandchildren, and their children's children. In this way, Shirley will live on forever.
Aloha 'Oe (Farewell)
Aloha 'Oe (Farewell)
Aloha 'Oe (Farewell)
Me ke Aloha Pumehana, a hui hou,
Rae Nichols
We hardly ever called each other by our given names. It was always "hey Sis"! We have known each other since the early 90's and the friendship grew very close. Jerry and I will miss her dearly. We are so thankful that we were allowed to be part of her life for a short period of time. Aloha, B'Sis!
ReplyDeleteI think Shirley touched anyone's life she met.
ReplyDeleteEven though I left California 20 years ago, we kept in touch, if only to wish a Happy Birthday to each. I will miss my birthday greetings from her and the world was a better place when she was in it. Aloha Dear Shirley, we will miss you.