Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bye Mom

I miss you so much. I sit quiet so I can hear your voice, close my eyes so I can see your face..Thank you, Mom..for teaching me about life..

Randy

4 comments:

  1. Grandma taught me how to be humble and confident at the same time. Grandma taught me to be strong and tough. Grandma taught me that if you can help, you must help. She taught me that you must live life with an open perspective to fully absorb all the beauty in everything. "How do you know you won't like it if you don't try it," as we all have heard. Grandma is with me everyday in a way. When I was astray from the family there was only one face I could see when I closed my eyes. Looking up at me, head cocked in disapproval, hands on her hips. Above all Grandma taught me that the most important thing in life is family. There is a bit of Grandma in all of us. Dad's got the work ethic, Shelley's got the maternal, Randy 's got the sense of humor. I will look to all of you when I miss her. One thing I know is Grandma would not want me to be as sad as I am so I try to be strong. But I will never be as strong or tough as that 5 foot nothin' 100 pound old lady. I love you Grandma.

    Ronnie Nichols

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family First............

    I thought out of respect, there were only two people I would ever have to answer to. My Mom and Dad. Well, after getting the "head tilt and hands on the hips". Yea, I got that too Ronnie. I learned there were now three. My Mom, my Dad and my other Mom. There are very few people I would ever go to for their opinion or advice.
    Shirley was one of the few. I loved the way she was straight to the point, be it good or bad. My best interest in mind.

    Mi amor por Shirley, La familia y los amigos.
    Vinnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tutu Shirley,
    You have been a big part of our family's lives. We always looked forward to seeing you at all our get-togethers and family gatherings. You have always been the life of the party, and we all admired your tremendous spirit, wit, humor and generosity. Love you! Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete